What happened at Culture Geek 2017?
15 August 2017
We had a great line up of speakers taking part in our 2017 event which took place at the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG).
- Kimberly Drew, Social Media Manager, The Met
- Patricia Buffa, Head of Digital Communications, Fondation Louis Vuitton
- David Watson, Head of Digital, Hull UK City of Culture 2017
- Will Stanley, Press Office, Science Museum
- Toby Coffey, Head of Digital Development, National Theatre
- Tim Wood, Marketing Director, Rambert
- Stacie Slotnick, Assistant Director of Communications, MIT Media Lab
- Joe McFadden, Chief Technology Officer, Royal Opera House
With talks looking at how to be an agent of change within the art world through social media, using We Chat to communication with audiences in China, live streaming, crowdfunding, storytelling with emerging technologies, creating a digital asset management system and how digital can enhance a visitor experience a range of topics were covered.
250 delegates attended from across the cultural sector and the event was sponsored by Art Fund, Red 61 and One Further.